Monday, April 27, 2009

15 Week Ultrasound

We went to get an ultrasound to tell the sex of the baby on Friday, April 24th. I was 15 weeks pregnant. The technician warned me that it might be too early to be able to detect the sex of the baby. She said she has never told a customer this early and didn't want me to be disappointed. She began the ultrasound. Checked the baby's organs, bones, and counted 10 fingers and 10 toes. Everything looked great. Baby's heartbeat was 154. Baby weighed in at 4 oz. She said my fluid level looked great which was making it easy for her to see the baby. Then all of a sudden the legs spread. 1,2,3 little lines. I shouted, ''IT'S A GIRL!" David said, "What?" I said, "It's a girl....look at the 3 lines." I began to get tears in my eyes. I was so excited. I couldn't believe we were going to get a little girl. I really, really, really wanted a girl. This is our last baby we are having so it was this one or never. Throughout the rest of the ultrasound she kept giving us the shot. We got about 5 good girl shots. David said to the technician, "So is it safe to tell people we are having a girl?" She said, "Oh yeah, it's definitely a girl." I have been on cloud 9 ever since!!!

In this video of the ultrasound, you can see her swallowing. It's really neat. Watch her mouth.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you were able to get a video! I really wanted one of Logan but my doctor's office didn't have that option. I really hope they do by my next pregnancy, otherwise I will try to see if I can get the ultrasound done somewhere else because that is SO special to have that forever! I replay my memory over and over but I know as time goes on it will fade. Hope you got my last comment - I'm still happy & excited for you :)

    ReplyDelete